Friday, October 20, 2006

What Are We Reading and What Are We Writing?

Well I thought that would grab a bit of attention. It's been an interesting few weeks being without internet access. I have enjoyed the "Back to Basics" style of back to pen and paper but it is frustrating feeling somewhat out of touch with the wider Christian sphere. Fortunately my laptop is now fixed and awaiting collection! So I have many ideas and thoughts to re-commence writing with a vengance. That being said, I must admit I haven't seen much on the various blogs I look at that has lit the fires of controversy (I guess that's a good thing) so no rants forthcoming. Furthermore it is hard at work to get time to write anything of length so this is just a reflection.

I am hugely encouraged by two blog posts by a new friend of mine - Jonathan Edwards. He truly is a kindred spirit! I urge you to read "Characteristics of a Glorious Church". How about this quote to fire your spirit on a rainy Monday morning? "The end time church that God will unveil in these last days will be like nothing we've ever seen before. In fact it's will far exceed anything we could have ever asked, thought or imagined Ephesians 3:20.
It will reveal a bride that is prepared and ready for the return of her Lord and Saviour". Amen!

And then in part 2 Jonathan brings an outstanding quote from the awesome Puritan Thomas Goodwin, "There will come a time when the generality of mankind, both jew and gentile, shall come to Jesus Christ. He hath had but little takings of the world yet, but he will have before he hath done".

I remember reading a challenge from a former blogger who reminded himself that we are all accountable for our time - for what we read and what we write. How can we fail to be stirred to read what Jonathan Edwards has written? To be stirred and motivated to go out and join in our part of the great Mission we are on - to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth!

1 comment:

Gavin White said...

Interesting and thought provoking article Dan, thanks