Saturday, January 24, 2009

Yikes!!

My Father is soo amazing and wonderful and knows exactly when encouragement is needed! I had to get up early on this Saturday morning because I have to go to a rather difficult meeting which I've been dreading. It seems to me that just as soon as I get a tantalising grip on grace and the blessings of the New Covenant there's always something isn't there to come try and throw you off! So I got up and was sitting drinking my cup of tea and found to my surpise that Cyberranger has awarded this blog as "Best Christian Blog of the Week"!

You have to understand I was always the kind of child who NEVER won awards at the Christian school I went to. Mainly because the teachers always thought I was a sulky brat! Correction! I won just one award called; "The Character Development Award". Essentially it was known as the "Naughty but Nice" award. I used to be a brat - and by the time I won the award I could just about muster a smile at my hated deputy headmaster! Just winning the award then was seen as a bit of an insult anyway!

So this is really nice, totally undeserved and an awesome blessing. I always get really excited when someone new comments on my blog. It's like meeting a new friend - with new links to new blogs that look like they are going to be great! So this is a good moment to thank you all - each and every reader who takes the time to drop by. Time is a precious commodity in this day and age and the fact you would even take a few minutes to read my ramblings ... well! So I dedicate this award to each and everyone of you. The hurting and lonely housewife wondering if God has forgotten about her (He hasn't!). The geeky college student growing up wondering if they will ever be popular. The Christian with skeletons in your closet you are terrified anyone will find out about. God is CRAZY about you! Because I am learning He loves me and if He loves me then He most surely loves you!

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Nick Cameron said...

Great Stuff - I am so pleased for ya!
Do you know what when you get to heaven there is gonna be a whole heap of awards with your name on it! And NONE of them will be given as naughty but nice awards but given cos you are Dan!
Nick x

Peter Day said...

Ha ha!!! Glory to God. This is such a good blog and is an oasis to so many people. It's great you've got this award and I pray it would release still more to come and drink.

I know, too, this blog has the Father's smile over it, the applause of heaven, the shouts of the cloud of witnesses - go for it Dan, tell the world about the Father's love; tell the world about His grace; tell the world about His glory...

Blessings to you and more FIRE!!

jul said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I think you deserve it, this is an amazing blog and has been a favorite from the first day I 'stumbled' across it. Thanks for all your hard work, you are an amazing blessing.

lydia said...

Congrats Dan!! You most definitely are worthy of this award - your passion and content are worth getting acknowledged by many!! May this award cause the good news shared on your blog spread farther than before!!

Sheila Atchley said...

I'm so glad for you! Rec'd much encouragement from your blogs today, my friend. I have been busy and haven't stopped in for days and days, so I had some catching up to do.

Much, much encouragement. Thank you, as always.

Ursula said...

Dan, I am so blessed by you! Congrats!!!!

By the way, a blog you may just be interested in by an Iris Missionary.....

http://until-kingdom-come.blogspot.com/

I read her last post, and thought, man, this is for DAN! I cannot believe that she is being as transparent as you! And so similarily. AND Dan, she is living freedom!!!!

Nick Cameron said...

Dan thought of you this morning when someone prayed out in the service and they said this phrase:- 'God neither looks on our achievements or our failures He just looks on us as His child.'
So just because people in the past didn't award you with stuff - God's eye on you hasn't altered one bit! Thanks for your texts yesterday! Nick x