Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Happy New Year - 2011!!

A massive Happy New Year to everyone reading this!

It seems like a lot of people I have the honour of emailing and keeping in touch with found 2010 to be an incredibly difficult year. So I do love the fresh start of a New Year - the blank slate. Untread territory - no well worn paths ahead.

Blogging so last decade?

I read somewhere that someone has started blogging and referred to themselves as being "out of date". Frankly I didn't realise that blogs are now out of date! If I ran this blog purely to be trendy then I guess this New Year would be the right time to close it down - but I've always tried to make it clear that this blog isn't about building a following or seeking to become a "voice" but this is for my own spiritual tracking and gain - and secondarily to chart, map and log great heroes of the Christian faith who's voices must not and cannot be forgotten.

So I am freshly excited about another New Year and I am so hopeful (still) that the unfulfilled promises of God will see some coming to pass this year. They are long overdue and above all I am eager to see God move and do something. Let's keep hoping! I am still so challenged by Rob Rufus and his warning about the danger of cynicism. It's very timely that my good friend and fellow blogger Julie Morris posted this reminder on her Facebook;

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" - Jesus

No comments: