Thursday, July 01, 2010

Don't Stop Believing!!

I'm repeating a cliche today that I have repeated before. And probably quoting a song that I have quoted before. But when life isn't the easiest or the best, it is often a wise idea to stick to what you know. Very often the depressed individual struggles with feelings triumphing over truth. The worse case scenario is that a person commits suicide when they truly lose all hope and cannot see any reason for living.

I was excited to see the trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has been released and was fascinated with the final scene of it - Voldemort is facing Harry and asks; "Why are you still living?". Harry replies; "Because I have something to live for".

The key then - the message to everyone who has ever struggled with depression is this: DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

No comments: