Monday, June 18, 2007

Finale to the "Ultimate Triumph" Series!

I have finally manage to finish and transcribe Part 3 to the "Ultimate Triumph" Series - entitled; "Ultimate Triumph – Consummated in the Epistles and Revelation". For those who haven't been following, this series was a 3 part series that Ern Baxter preached in the USA. The transcripts of the series are as follows;




This final part of the series is particularly interesting from a biographical point of view. Ern Baxter had said elsewhere that at one point or another in his ministry he has had each of the eschatological viewpoints. In this message he shares frankly why he was convicted about the biblical inaccuracy of the dispensational viewpoint and how he had to move his church away from that - and the results of how that changed eschatology affected the life of his church. It's quite an incredible story.

I don't think for a moment that this series will persuade any who persist in an eschatology of fatalism and pessimism. I don't think Ern Baxter did either. What he said at the end of the series in his concluding remarks was this;

"Well if I have challenged you to think even if you don’t agree then that is worth something. But let me ask you to spend a little time researching ... Will you do that?".

I actually have John MacArthur to thank for transcribing this series. If he hadn't preached his address to the Shepherds Conference entitled; "Why Every Self-Respecting Calvinist is a Pre-Millennialist" then it wouldn't have made me think. I appreciated that impetus and needed that. I think until I transcribed this 3-part series by Ern Baxter I haven't really thought through why I believe what I believe. I still wouldn't have the audacity to say I am firmly cemented in my position but I think I'm more persuaded by Ern Baxter's glorious picture that he paints for us in this series than I am in John MacArthur's. I wrote something after I heard MacArthur's MP3 of the session;

"What I DO know is that I am confident that the Bride of Christ is going to wind up glorious. What I DO know is that all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. What I DO know is that the glory of the latter house shall be greater than the former. What I DO know is that all nations shall flow UP to Mount Zion and that isn't something that will happen in heaven. What I DO know is that Jesus SHALL reign where'er the sun doth it's successive journeys run. And what I DO know is that there are a lot of Scriptures that suggest an optimism in the sovereignity of God's right to exert His authority over His universe is biblical!"

And I see no reason to change that.

No comments: