Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Site Meter Shows Some Interesting Links!!

Apologies for a slightly more technical blog, but I've just installed "Site Meter" on the blog. I'm sure the more advanced among you will sneer with derision but to an IT dumbie like me - it's a big deal! I don't really know why I did it. I saw it on Challies dot com and followed the links and here we are. I have to admit some of the statistics that it shows are quite interesting! I have never really felt that numbers of visitors or number of commentators are important as long as people are reading Ern Baxter's material. I suppose according to some that won't make me an influential blogger, but quite frankly I don't really want to be an influential blogger! For starters I'm not good enough at I.T and secondly I'm far too controversial to ever win any kind of award. Who wants one of them anyway!?

So because I have never installed any of this stuff on the website, I always live under the impression that noone visits the website apart from the few friends I've linked to, and maybe a few others. I know my family don't visit - they're far too busy reading Girl Talk.

What then does Site Meter have to show?!

Firstly my claim to fame ...

I found out that my little rant on the "Colson vs Draw Me Close" sage has been named and shamed on the Christianity Today site linked to the original article! They wrote: "Colson's article has already provoked discussion on several blogs". My rant is linked from the word "Discussion". Sounds appropriate! As long as Colson doesn't appear in my church on Sunday shouting and stamping. I don't think he'll like the songs we sing either ...

An odd Google link ...

Some poor person entered "Paul's lettr to the Corinthians" into Google. The Catholic Enyclopaedia came first and then my website came second. What a disappointment if they were hoping for some sound research into the Corinthian epistle. Yes ... I do believe in spiritual gifts I'm afraid and no I don't think 1 Corinthians 12:13 has got anything to with the baptism of the Spirit.

Another Rob Rufus fan ...

Hurray! Someone else was searching on Google for "Rob Rufus the Elijah anointing". He's fab. You will love him. My blog came first on that one!

Another Kate Simmonds fan ...

Even better - someone else was searching on Google for "In Him I have believed Kate Simmonds". That still remains my favourite song of the moment. The truth! The doctrine! Just fab.

And a Restorationist?

Someone did a Google search for "Restorationism Terry Virgo". Horray! My blog came first and second in that result - even in front of the official Newfrontiers site! I suppose the Word Cloud searcher did give that one away - they are both words I like and use quite frequently.

International Visitors.

This was quite interesting. 55% of the last 2 days viewers came from the United Kingdom. 37% from the United States. 1.45% from Singapore. 1.45% from Saudi Arabia. 1.45% from Poland. 1.45% from Jamaica and from Canada ... also 1.45%! Welcome to you all.

So what?

Well forgive me again you I.T-wonder bloggers. I'm still not quite sure what I'm meant to do with all that information. It's very interesting but all it did was distract me for about an hour and a half while I was meant to be transcribing the "King and His Army". Grr ...

6 comments:

jul said...

I had to be a copy cat and get one for mine too. You'll probably feel rather famous if you compare your stats to mine! I've wanted a counter for a long time but didn't have the intelligence to figure it out before so thanks.

Dan Bowen said...

Aww fab! I'm just picking myself up off the floor - that I could help ANYONE with I.T!! :)

Famous!? Only because I haven't learn to keep my mouth shut if I see something I don't agree with or get upset by!! :)

Well done you for installing it and I'm so excited about hearing how the Newfrontiers North Camp goes with Terry!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you read Girl Talk then?!?! ;)

Dan Bowen said...

Erm ... no.

The Four O Clock Club kinda put me off. ;)

jul said...

Shhhh....It's 5:00 and that's bad enough.

Dan Bowen said...

Ha ha ah yes. It's amazing how much difference an hour or even half an hour makes at that time in the morning!! ;)